[Samba] LDAP Migration

Dan Kador shoutinwhispers at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 15:32:17 GMT 2003

I'm thinking about moving from a Samba server that currently has encrypted passwords off to a server with encryption that hits up an LDAP server for login information.  I know that there is an option in smb.conf called "update encrypted" that you can use to migrate a server from unencrypted to encrypted passwords, but when I specify "encrypted passwords = no" and "update encrypted = yes", I cannot login.  I'm running Samba 2.2.8 on a Redhat 7.3 server.  Is there a way to do what I'm trying to do, be it in 2.2.8 or 3.0?

Thanks,
Dan