[Samba] Samba 2.2.8a/winbindd - 2K Domain users password challenged

Stewart, Eric eric at lib.usf.edu
Thu Jul 17 14:41:59 GMT 2003

	I know it's been less than a day but I'm kind of surprised that I
haven't gotten an answer on this one way or the other ... so let me ask a
simpler question:

	Are winbind served users of a Linux machine supposed to have access
to the samba shares served by that Linux machine?  If so, please provide
sample smb.conf's (if they differ from mine below) and pam.d/* files.  As
my users only need access to the samba shares, and not login access, I'm
hesitant to change any /etc/pam.d/ file aside from /etc/pam.d/samba ...

	A bit of further testing has shown that at the very least, samba
continues to attempt to look for "user" instead of "DOM+user" when trying
to validate.  Please!  This is the last step I *must* get past before I
can move mission critical services from a Sun Solaris 8 box to this Redhat
Linux 9 machine ...

Eric Stewart - Network Admin - USF Tampa Library - eric at lib.usf.edu
SCUBA Diver: 220 Dives  Most Recent: 05/10/03 Chankanaab Park, Cozumel
GeoCacher:    58 Found  Most Recent: 07/04/03 GCGBHE - Fun in the Sun
http://www.scubadiving.com/talk/ and http://www.geocaching.com/