[Samba] authenticate from /etc/passwd

kenneth.westelinck at tiscali.be kenneth.westelinck at tiscali.be
Thu Jul 17 10:32:36 GMT 2003

You'll need to set "encrypt passwords" option to "no" in the smb.conf file
and hack your win2k client to send passwords in plain text (Local Security
Settings/Local Policies/Security Options/Send unencrypted password ...).
I'm not sure if this is wat you want. You can keep /etc/passwd en smbpasswd
in sync using the "unix password sync = yes" option.

>-- Origineel Bericht --
>From: "samba" <samba at etilizepak.com>
>To: samba at lists.samba.org
>Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:06:12 +0500
>Subject: [Samba] authenticate from /etc/passwd
>

>Hi All,

I want my samba to authenticate users from UNIX /etc/passwd instead of
smbpasswd file when they access the samba shares from win2k. What parameter

should I define to make it happen.

Sincerely,

Sohail