[Samba] Samba-2.2.8a /LDAP can't join domain

PHELPS, SCOTT SPHELPS at ridgways.com
Mon Jul 14 03:38:47 GMT 2003

On Sun, 2003-07-13 at 19:42, s9410821 at pop3.student.utwente.nl wrote:
Hi Scott,

> I've had the same message and wasn't getting any further with it for some time,
> until someone pointed me to my resolution of groups and id's which is done
> through nss, check your nsswitch.conf and libnss-ldap.conf or your
> /etc/ldap/ldap.conf (depends on your distro, I use debian). With both of us it
> was that ldap didn't look in the group tree from the ldap directory
> You can fix this here(this is mine):
> nss_base_passwd         dc=blah,dc=com?sub
> nss_base_shadow         ou=Users,dc=blah,dc=com?one
> nss_base_group          ou=Groups,dc=blah,dc=com?one
>
> Hope to be of help and good luck (when it works, it works like a charm)
> Regards,
>
> Bas

AND...
On Sun, 2003-07-13 at 18:08, _Chris McKeever_ wrote:
make sure your ldap.conf is set like this, or it wont go searching the tree:

> nss_base_passwd dc=domin,dc=com?sub

Thanks guys!  You both are right.  I really appreciate the help!
BTW.  I am so stoked to have this working.  It is going to feel so
rightious to 'format C:' my hard drive on my Windoze PDC next weekend!

Samba/OpenLDAP/GQ rock!

Regards,

Scott