[Samba] Samba groups

Roberto Mason roberto at rmasonfamily.info
Sun Jul 13 23:57:27 GMT 2003

Hi Everyone :)

	I'm running Samba-2.2.8a on two PC'S. One PC call POSTA runs as a PDC.
	workgroup = SAMBANET
	netbios name = POSTA
	server string = Samba Server
	bind interfaces only = No
	security = USER
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	update encrypted = No
	allow trusted domains = Yes

The second runs as a domain client
	workgroup = SAMBANET
	netbios name = ROBERTO-UX
	server string = Samba Client
	security = DOMAIN
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	obey pam restrictions = Yes
	pam password change = Yes
I have winbind running on the client only.

	I've created 3 groups: Installation, storage and anonymous. I added
myself (user:roberto) to each group. Than in a samba share, I added
valid user @(each group). In doing so, I'm assuming that each group is a
Global/Domain Group

	when I do wbinfo -g, I get the following

[root at roberto-xp root]# /usr/local/samba/bin/wbinfo -g
SAMBANET\Domain Admins
SAMBANET\Domain Users

Am I know supposed to see my three groups (Installation, storage and anonymous)
I guess this is related, when I do a getent group, I do not see my 3 "Domain Groups"

Second question.
	When I do a getent passwd, I see the all users, including those of my PDC SAMBANET.
	Yet when I do the following:

[root at roberto-xp root]# /usr/local/samba/bin/wbinfo -s SAMBANET+roberto%barnburner
Could not lookup sid SAMBANET+roberto%barnburner

I can not log from my client computer using a domain user/password.

Can anyone suggest where I'm going wrong?

Thank You
Roberto