[Samba] Problems with Smaba STILL

Keith Williams ikw38 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 8 20:49:54 GMT 2003

Ok I have done everything you guys have asked me to do and I still get
the same error- I even went out downloaded Webmin to help me out and the
blasted Vendow$ keep coming up with the same error.

""The Following error occurred to join the domain smis".
The account used is a computer account. Use your global user account or
local user account to access this server."

here is the SMB.Conf file

[global]
	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
	load printers = yes
	null passwords = no
	domain master = yes
	encrypt passwords = yes
	browsable = yes
	use client driver = yes
	netbios name = Linux_Server
	printing = lprng
	server string = Linux Server %v
	local master = yes
	workgroup = SMIS
	os level = 66
	security = user
	domain admin group = root = 192.168.1.100/50 127
	max log size = 0
	domain logons = yes
	printcap = /etc/printcap

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/samba
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = no
printable = yes

[public]
comment = A public share for vendor docs, etc.
path = /usr/public
public = yes
create mask = 0755
force directory mode = 0755
writable = yes

[temp]
comment = A place to drop off temporary files
path = /tmp
public = yes
create mask = 0755
force directory mode = 0755
writable = yes

[docs]
comment = Main Document Share for important Corporate Documents
path = /doc
public = yes
create mask = 0755
force directory mode = 0755
writable = yes

[home]
comment = Home directory for %U
path = /home/%U
browsable = yes
public = no
hide dot files = yes
writeable = yes
create mask = 0755
directory mask = 0755
username = %U

For some reason the "root' is not recognize by it own authentication
process.

I am about to reinstall Linux and go back to using SuSe Pro which I had
the same darn problem but maybe the change will work.

Anybody got any suggestions here??

Thanks so much.
K Williams