[Samba] Password expired on XP for Samba 3.0 beta as PDC

Brendon Baumgartner brendon at brendon.com
Tue Jul 8 18:36:18 GMT 2003

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 01:18:21AM +0800, Adrian Chow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got a Samba 3.0 beta running on Linux as PDC.  I don't have any settings
> for obey pam restriction but I have compiled it with PAM option.  BUt I am
> not using the LDAP option.
>
> Then the password expiration message keeps popping out of my XP to tell me
> to change the password.
>
> Any way to get rid of that feature?

I've had this problem with 2.2.x and 3.0b1. I've never figured this out.
I don't get a password expire from the windows gui though, just the
samba log files. Windows just says invalid password. If I change the
user passwd with smbpasswd, everything works again.  One other note: I
can't find a pattern in the expiration. Very odd.

Are you experiences similar?

--
 _BB