[Samba] Using PAM - Logging into Linux using an NT Domain account

Ian Clancy ClancyIan at cel.ie
Mon Jul 7 18:35:01 GMT 2003

Hello Samba Users,
I work for the IT Department of a small company and we've already replaced
our NT4 File Servers with Linux servers running Samba. We'd like to replace
some of our windows workstations also. It would be really cool if employee's
could log into the Linux workstations using their existing NT accounts !

Has anybody had much luck using winbind and PAM to allow log on to Linux
worksataions using a windows NT Domain acount ?. Any info, or past
experiences shared will be helpful and much appriciated
Ian Clancy

not necessarily those of Connaught Electronics Ltd. Information in this