[Samba] Character Set/Code Page (3.0.0beta2)

Nathan Widmyer touring_fan at msn.com
Sat Jul 5 16:31:00 GMT 2003

I'm trying to upgrade Samba from 2.2.2 to this 3.0.0beta2.  Everything went
fine and I installed Samba and started up swat, smbd and nmbd.  When I went
into swat, and went to the "status" item, it would just stop loading
anything in the browser, and the log.swat file says it can't load the
ISO-8859-1.so and CP850.so files in "/usr/local/samba/lib/charset".  I
looked and there weren't any files in there.  I looked at the documentation,
and they mention a make_smbcodepage and make_unicodemap which I think should
help me but it was never built during the make phase, it's not even
attempted because I have a log of the make process.  I looked around and I
can't find anything to do to get these shared objects.  Any help would be
appreciated, thanks in advance, Nate.  Can responses be carbon-copied to
touring_fan at msn.com so I receive them faster?