[Samba] Samba support for NTLMv2 SSP and Miniumu Session Security requirements under Windows XP

Jon Schulman jmsfa at fast.rit.edu
Fri Jul 4 15:01:04 GMT 2003

All:

I am an administrator in a domain environment running Windows 2000 (and
2003) Active Directory. The domain policies I have enacted require Minimum
Session Security for NTLM SSP based machines, including Require message
integrity, Require message confidentiality, Require NTLMv2 session security,
and Require 128-bit encryption. These are necessary to protect the data we
have stored inside the Windows portion of the domain. However, we also have
Slackware and BSD-based systems running samba (I upgraded to 3.0.0beta1)
that need to be accessed through the domain. Whenever I try to access one of
the shares on these machines, I get "No network provider accepted the given
path" or something similar. I can only imagine that it is because of the RPC
minimum security level, as machines that don't have it enabled are able to
access the shares just fine. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Jon