[Samba] Problem with User rights

Student2 SIM SIM.Student2 at FFM.SBS.DE
Fri Jul 4 10:54:20 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm still running Samba 3.beta1 authentificatings against AD, but there a still some security problem, which have really to be fixed.

Well, when a share is declined a "Writeable = yes", everyuser has the right to change files' name or to delete them from a Win box! But nobody - even not the Owner - is allowed to edit and save the file's.

What I really like to reach - is that there are only some users (with special rights) who can really change the files. And all the others shouldn't have the rigth to delete them.

Sascha