[Samba] Re: win2000 service pack 4 - samba 2.2.2

Christopher Odenbach odenbach at hni.upb.de
Wed Jul 2 14:25:31 GMT 2003

Hi,

> > We have noticed the same problem here running FreeBSD/samba 2.2.8a
> > any more detailed explination of the fix would be appreciated.
>
> It´s the same for me on several (tested) W2k-Workstations. To move
> the windows profile directory to the windows server is not proposed
> at my side.

One solution to this problem is a new security setting (introduced with
SP4), which can be set either locally on each client or globally by a
group policy object.

The German settings are:

"Computerkonfiguration -> Administrative Vorlagen -> System ->
Anmeldung -> Eigentuemer von servergespeicherten Profilen nicht pruefen
-> aktiviert"

Don't know what the settings are called in English, you'll just have to
look.

If you want to use the GPO, remember to install SP4 on the server first
(if not you cannot find the specified setting).

Greets,

Christopher

    Dipl.-Ing. Christopher Odenbach
    HNI Rechnerbetrieb