[Samba] Re: Smbmount for Solaris 8?

Robert Styma stymar at agcs.com
Thu Jan 30 19:49:46 GMT 2003

> > I see that smbmount is for Linux only.
> smbmount relies on kernel support for the smb filesystem
> which (to the best of my knowledge) isn't in Solaris. I
> believe you can use smbclient to copy files in an FTP-like
> fashion.

The smbsh function works nicely on  Solaris 8.
You run smbsh, it prompts you for your login and password
for the PDC and then gives you a shell prompt.  The shell is
taken from $SHELL by default.  You can then cd to /smb
and begin walking around in your SMB network like a regular
directory structure.

--
Robert E. Styma
Principal Engineer