[Samba] winbind and enum groups

Rene Brask Soerensen brask at diku.dk
Thu Jan 30 10:20:40 GMT 2003

Hi All

I have been struggling with winbind for over to weeks now. I have
searched nearly the whole Internet for info on my problems ;)

Right now I can auth Windows NT users on my Linux box (RH-8.0) with
samba-2.2.7a-1. But my big problem is that when a user i authorized it
can't find a group name for eg. 100000.

I have been considering the following debug method :

1. remove the winbindd_cache.tdb in /var/cache/samba. But I'm not sure
   if this is the only file I have to remove. Can anyone confirm ?
   (I know that I'll lose all user info)

2. restart smb nmb and winbindd.

Can anyone please confirm this or give me a other solution ;)

Regards Rene