[Samba] Disappearing Windows machines ...

Jamie Risk jamie_risk at yahoo.ca
Wed Jan 29 20:40:45 GMT 2003

After I enable Samba on my Linux box, the windows machines on the network
slowly (over hours) start disappearing from view of the network
neighbourhood and windows services provided by windows machines become
inaccessible too. Within 24 hours, windows services are totally crippled.

Initially everything works great. But it appears the Linux (Intel) box
running samba (2.2.7, compiled from source) is 'taking over', for reasons
that I'm simply unaware of.

Could someone please point me to relevant documentation? I've provided
details of this problem before; and I'd be happy to do it again to anyone
who expresses interest in helping me or pointing to the relevant
documentation.
-Jamie