[Samba] Re: winbind authentication problem on windowmaker

Rene Brask Soerensen brask at diku.dk
Tue Jan 28 17:05:19 GMT 2003

"Igor Debacker" <igor at ccj.ufsc.br> writes:

> Greetings from Brazil,
>
> I installed winbind and everything seems good, but i have kde installed and
> i'm trying to run windowmaker.. if i choose 'failsafe' or log into the black
> terminal it runs ok.. but when i try to log into the windowmaker.. it does
> not log in... what should i do ?
>
> other question.. is there a way to log with the local accounts when winbind
> is runnning ? i can only login with the Win 2k server account.. local
> accounts as 'root' and others.. can't be logged.. what should i change and
> where ?

If I understand you right. You can't login to the Linux box as local
users. Then I should first check your /etc/nsswitch.conf. For users,
groups and passwd you should define where to look for the info: eg.

passwd :  files winbind

Then it will first look in /etc/passwd and the try with winbind...

Hope it helps

Regards Rene