[Samba] Samba on masqueraded server

degen at home.se degen at home.se
Mon Jan 27 19:32:55 GMT 2003

Hello

I'm trying to setup a samba server on my router box, the problem I have is
that I need to have different configurations on the internal and
external interfaces.

Internally the server should act as a domain logon master for my windows
machines and to the outside world it should participate in a workgroup and
maybe be a local master, but not domain master.

I tried setting up two different smb.conf-files which work flawlessly on
their own and do exactly what I want them to do, but I don't know how I
can use them together at the same time, if I try to start several
instances of smbd and nmbd it complains and refuses to start the second
server.

There is also a WINS-server on the outer network which I like to use when
browsing on the computers on the inner network. But I would not like my
inner computers advertised to this server. Is there something special to
think about when setting this up?

Thanks
P Degerman, Sweden

PS. Please cc me as I'm not on the list DS.