[Samba] samba help

Alejandro Glez de Chaves Guerrero agonzalez at cana-web.com
Mon Jan 27 17:03:32 GMT 2003

Hi, I´m an university student of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria ( Canary
Islands, Spain). I apply to you because I´m begining to develop my last
project, I´m at the end of my Computer Engeneer career. What I try in
this project is to extensive the PHP language with a library that it
conects to a SAMBA file server and makes the functions that alows us the
SMBCLIENT on the actually systems. The actually developments that I
could see ( including SAMBA2WWW) are developed making use of the
function
system
 that includes the majority of the languages to make
calls to own operative system functions. My idea is to try don´t ude
this function and use others mechanisms to obtein that those who use
them could do it quietest it´s a security question. And also of trying
that a language so extended as the PHP is evident that have a function
library to the conexions with SAMBA. Well what I´d like is that if you
can and with all the experience that I suppose that you have, you would
indicate me if it´s possible to do my project and would send me all the
information that you think it could de useful any way. First of all
thank you and I hope to recieve your news as soon as possible.

--
Alejandro Glez de Chaves Guerrero
Dpto. Diseño y programación web
mail: agonzalez at cana-web.com