[Samba] Samba spoolfile name

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sun Jan 26 15:57:00 GMT 2003

I don't understand your setup but:

The original file name is sent to samba as the %J variable. This is the
banner, I believe.

With LPRng, the command lpr -J"My job name" will put "My job name" into the
print queue as the job name.

So, maybe, if you change your print command in your smb.conf file to include:

-J"%J"

you might get what you want.

Joel