[Samba] samba-2.2.7a RPMs available for Mandrake 8.0, 8.1, 8.2 and 9.0

Buchan Milne bgmilne at cae.co.za
Sat Jan 25 17:26:02 GMT 2003

Just a quick note that I have finalised RPMs of 2.2.7a for Mandrake 8.0,
8.1, 8.2 and 9.0. They are currently available from
http://ranger.dnsalias.com/mandrake/samba .

Updates are in the works for 9.0, and RPMs for all releases should go to
the samba mirrors soon, but if you're having problems with large file
support, or are still running 2.2.6 for large file support, I thought you
might want to grab these now ... (but please only take them from here if
you need them urgently ... we're on tight bandwidth ...).

Also note that I have applied patches for:
1)Large file support for smbclient and smbtar (posted here)
2)Referral support for LDAP when samba is running against a slave ldap
server (from
http://www.unav.es/cti/ldap-smb/ldap-smb-2_2-howto.html#patches)

I have verified that large file support is fixed in smbclient (and smbd of
course ..), but haven't tested smbtar, I would appreciate a report from
someone who uses smbtar as to whether it works or not.

LDAP-enabled RPMs will not be availble in the updates for 9.0 since we
don't ship with ldap support by default.

Finally, I have also update the samba3.0alpha21 RPMs for 9.0 with more
features, these are availabe at:
http://ranger.dnsalias.com/mandrake/mandrake9.0/samba-3.0alpha21/

All these packages are also in Mandrake cooker (samba3 in contrib).

Finally, thanks to Danny Tholen for compiling on 8.2, I don't have an 8.2
box to build on any more (and my 8.0 and 8.1 boxes will be upgraded soon
too ...)

Regards,
Buchan