[Samba] NT ACL's

David Morel david.morel at amakuru.net
Fri Jan 24 22:39:00 GMT 2003

Bradley W. Langhorst wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 16:23, David.Grudek at anixter.com wrote:
>
>>I have been playing with samba for about 3 months.  I have not been able to
>>find a way to setup acl's efficiently.  I would like to be able to set
>>permissions for one person one way and three others all with different
>>permissions.  Then to also add 4 to 5 groups with all with different
>>permissions the same way you would in windows.  I am new to linux so I have
>>a hard time fully understanding the Linux permissions.  Any help would be
>>appreciated.

if you want a full set of permissions like on windows, you'd better
install acl support on an xfs filesystem for instance. Distros like
Mandrake (Redhat?) come with these tools already. xfs+acl support has to
be compiled in the kernel or as modules, and a few other tools can be
installed to get/set acls on the command line.