[Samba] Re: Windows XP and Samba 2.2.7a Print drivers--they upload fine, but driver list for printers is emtpy.

Benny Geys Benny.Geys at ordina-denkart.com
Fri Jan 24 12:22:01 GMT 2003

"D. Aaron McCaleb" <amccaleb at reed-engineering.com> wrote in message
news:000e01c2b8cb$7184b6b0$511b10ac at AMCCALEB...
> I am logged on as a domain admin and printer admin.
>
> I have created and assigned the correct rights to /srv/printers and have
> created W32X86 and WIN40 subdirectories.  I was able to go into server
> properties and upload all the necessary drivers.  When I right click on
the
> printer and say "No." to "Printer driver not installed, do you want to
> install the driver now?" the drivers list in the Advanced tab is empty.  I
> can't choose from the printer drivers I've uploaded.

<snip>

> Any ideas what's wrong?  Is this an "XP Thang"?  And if so, other than
> setting up an NT box (which really isn't an option), is there a suitable
> workaround?
>
> Thanks!

Hi!  I witnessed the same behaviour as you describe.  The drivers list drop
down box in the 'advanced' tab is empty on XP clients.  When I tried the
same on a W2K client, it worked fine.

This is not really helping you of course, but it does seem to point in the
direction of this problem being an "XP Thang". :)

Regards,

Benny