[Samba] PDC seems to disappear (only service restart helps)

Sascha Steiger quasar22 at gmx.de
Thu Jan 23 15:09:52 GMT 2003

Hi,

I have a curious problem with Samba as a PDC:

After a while (can't say exactly when) Samba disallows me to join new
machines to the
Domain or to change my password. The client says: "Can't find domain XXX".
After a
restart of smbd and nmbd it works, until the next error like this occure.
Even a version
change from 2.2.4 to 2.2.7 doesn't change the situation. Samba is configured
as a PDC
with Profile Roaming. Clients are mostly Win2K.

Any hints?

Greets
Sascha