[Samba] Samba and XP - Updated Registry - Still no go

Glenn J. Rowe growe at woodvale.on.ca
Mon Jan 20 01:04:01 GMT 2003

One user on our church network is using XP Home Edition. I updated the
registry as I have seen posted on various sites.

He is still not able to connect.  I have the feeling it is because he has
joined a "workgroup" and not a "domain".  I am able to change the workgroup
name but I can't seem to figure out how to join a domain instead.

Is there a restriction that the "Home Edition" can not join a domain?

Glenn Rowe
Volunteer