[Samba] Adding a machine; I think I am onto something

Jim C jcllings at tsunamicomm.net
Sun Jan 19 11:12:00 GMT 2003

<chuckle>OK, I got this one figured.  The reason this took so long for
me to figure out is because there weren't any good scripts for adding
users so I had to write and debug my own.  I couldn't debug the other
issues until I had good users.  Anyway, it turns out my ACL's were not
properly set up for ou=Computers yet and I did still have a few bugs in
my scripts.  So I fixed those and then changed two lines in /etc/ldap.conf:

> #nss_base_passwd                ou=People,dc=microverse,dc=net?one
> #nss_base_shadow                ou=People,dc=microverse,dc=net?one
> nss_base_passwd         dc=microverse,dc=net?sub
> nss_base_shadow         dc=microverse,dc=net?sub

...and now it works fine. :):):):):):)
I guess the real trouble is learning how to think 3 dimensionaly through
a tree instead of thinking in SQL db tables.