[Samba] An addendum to my PDC troubles.

Hans Rasmussen hans at sbsfor.com
Sat Jan 18 16:57:00 GMT 2003

OK, I lied a bit about not being able to add users.  I can do that just
fine, if I remember to set the UID above 1000. I still cannot add a computer
or log in as root with a client machine.  I can change password just fine
from WIN2000/XP for all users, including root.  I get the error message "The
system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 inthe message file
for %2" only if I type in the correct password for root, an incorrect
password gives me the proper response.  Thry to use the normal Administrator
alias is no goo either.  All other functions are great, and I didn't lose
any user settings in the migration.  Logs can be provided on request,
smb.conf too, though there shouldn't be anything wrong with that, it's
nearly the same as the one I have on my home PDC, and it works fine.
Anyway, any help is always welcome.

Thanks

Hans