[Samba] Red Hat samba 2.2.5 to 2.2.7a Kablooey

Matt rock at astro.utoronto.ca
Wed Jan 15 20:57:01 GMT 2003

Hi,

I need some help. Something rather disturbing had happened during an upgrade to 2.2.7a. It seems that the upgrade messed my current samba services, and placed files in other directories, yet the "path" was not updated. I would type "smbstatus" and get the older version, plus my "locks" directory was lost. The 2.2.7a upgraded installed yet left the older version 2.2.5 in command/control, if that makes sense? I want to do a fresh install, yet I do not want to "make revert" as something also messed up there too. Is it possible for me to remove everything manually (directory by directory) and then do a clean install?
I don't want to have to reinstall the entire Red Hat system.

Regards,

Matt
Matt Rock
Maintenance & Computer Technician