[Samba] printer driver access denied

Norman Zhang nzhang at arkon-group.com
Wed Jan 15 07:52:00 GMT 2003

Hi Glen,

Yes. Would you please send your smb.conf?

I think I have tracked to the cause of the problem. I have set my printer to
raw device as it is a HP LaserJet 5P (no postscript). I have installed the
cups and adobe printer drivers, but can't get them to go into
/var/lib/samba/printers using cupsaddsmb. Access denied all the time. The
add button is grayed out. Also cupsaddsmb keeps complaining that it can't
find the ppd for HP5P. Could raw device be the cause of this?

Regards,
Norman

> Hi Norman,
>
> I have this working for the driver download part, no printout so far, if
you
> like I cna send you a copy of my smb.conf which may help
>
> Glenn
>
> Norman Zhang wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have print$ setup and points to /var/lib/samba/printers. I have
> > printer_admin and write_list access. /var/lib/samba/printers is setup
with
> > 755 for root:root. When I tried to add/upload new drivers to print$ in
W2K I