[Samba] XP Woes--followup

Riley rileyjmc at pacbell.net
Wed Jan 15 06:47:01 GMT 2003

The problem is fixed but I'm not sure why:

Some suggested it was the builtin XP firewall but it wasn't.  I deleted the
machine account in samba, but not the unix account, renamed the machine,
changed from domain to a different workgroup, then reset everything back to
what it was and it worked.  I renamed the machine because it had caps in the
name, which some of the other clients that work do too.

Go figure.

Riley