[Samba] Samba Authentication against NT domain

Beast beast at setuid.com
Sat Jan 11 01:53:38 GMT 2003

At 06:51 AM 1/10/2003 -0600, Troy.A Johnson wrote:
>No, not in my experience.
>
>Since Samba (in "domain" mode) will forward all authentication requests to

Correct, in fact we can have blank smbpasswd as long as account already in
/etc/passwd.
however, problem with this "forward" model is we need to add this samba
server to allowed logon w/s in nt user account, still not similar to NT
domain member :(

>the PDC of the domain, it just has to join the domain (which causes the PDC
>to create a machine account for the Samba server automagically).

machine account will be store in pdc (nt), not samba.