[Samba] Re: serious problem with W2K TS and 2.2.7 PDC

Drew.Zeller at statcan.ca Drew.Zeller at statcan.ca
Fri Jan 10 13:51:01 GMT 2003

Robert, Tomoki,

With regards to the multipleusersonconnection Registry key value listed for
WTS, this indeed does not work under the Windows 2000 version of terminal
server.  What I did to work around all the users getting the same SMB
process was create different aliases to the samba file server for each user.
In my case, in my terminal server host file, I added an user id alias for
the samba server for each user connecting from the terminal server.  When an
user connected their samba share drives using their user id alias instead of
the server name, they receive a separate smb process.

An alternative way of doing this, that was suggested to me from the list, is
you could use the netbios aliases parameter available in the smb.conf file.
I did some tests with this and it seemed to work the same way as my local
aliases, however I do not know if there is a maximum value for this.

For example, say I have a user with the user id smitjoh and he goes to make
a connection to my samba server, called samba1, from my terminal server.
Instead of going \\samba1\myshare when he connects the share, I would have
created an alias to samba1 called smitjoh and the user would connect the
share as \\smitjoh\myshare.  The same would then be done for the user to any
other share from the samba server.

Hope this helps.

=========

Message: 1