[Samba] rpcclient

Patrik Carlsson pc at hig.se
Fri Jan 10 09:28:01 GMT 2003

Hi there!

My name is Patrik Carlsson and I'm trying to set up a linux-box
to be a printserver.
We are using Redhat 8.0 and Samba 2.2.7a.
For printing we are using LPRng.

I wan't to upload drivers so that the users doesn't have to bother.
I have read the Samba-HOWTO to set up Samba.
Since we have some printers (around 100) who should be served by the
server it would be nice to use rpcclient to set the driver.

And now to my 2 problems.

1:
I was able to upload the driver for Win2k/NT via the NT APW, but when
I try load the Win9x-drivers from my Win2k-client I'm getting the
following message:
Unable to install the Intel Windows 95 or 98 driver. Operation could not
be completed.

2:
When I try to use rpcclient I get the following messages:
# rpcclient -U root -c "enumdrivers" localhost
Password:
failed session setup
Cannot connect to server.  Error was NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

I get the same message if I try to use smbclient.

This is my smb.conf

[global]

   workgroup = DDD
   server string = Samba Server
   netbios name = XXXX

   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes
   print command = /usr/bin/lpr -P%p -r %s ; rm %s
   printing = lprng
   printer admin = pc

   log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log

   max log size = 50

   security = user

   encrypt passwords = yes
   smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd

   unix password sync = Yes
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n

   pam password change = yes

   include = /etc/samba/conf.%a

  obey pam restrictions = yes

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = yes
   print ok = yes
   public = yes
# Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
   guest ok = no
   writable = no
   printable = yes
#   use client driver = yes