[Samba] Re: Simple question - Machine / User relationsip

Jim jcllings at tsunamicomm.net
Tue Jan 7 02:40:01 GMT 2003

I'm pretty sure at this point that it is a database issue rather than a
config issue.  I set up Samba as a PDC beforehand, without LDAP, to make
sure I knew how.  Everything worked fine then.  What I especially would
like to know is where the SID comes from and how it relates to RID.  I
note that there is no such field in my database that I can find.  My
understanding is that it is figured using a formula of some kind?

Jim C.