[Samba] (no subject)

Carlos Oliva G. carlos.oliva at igloo.cl
Mon Jan 6 17:52:28 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 12:54, Kononov Eldar wrote:
> Hello!
> I trying to setup Domain Controller with Samba,
> but I have some trouble.
> As I understood, I ought to create "Trust Account" for
> every mashine, and if mashine name is "vasya" then
> account should be "vasya$"
> but FreeBSD is not allowed to create accounts with "$" characters,
>
> what should I do ?
>
> Thanks!
>
> /* spectre */

As the samba documentation outlines, this is not a major issue. You can
add the user without the $ character and then add it manually later by
editing the /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow files.

Regards,

--
Carlos Oliva G.
Igloo Sistemas Ltda.

"I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, been over the edge
for yonks, been working me buns off for bands..."