[Samba] mounting smbfs...

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Mon Jan 6 17:07:16 GMT 2003

On January 6, gordonp at sfu.ca said:
> On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 03:07, Ronan Waide wrote:
>
> > noauto,user
> > only root can unmount these partitions after they've been mounted.
>
> 	You could try using the parameter "users", not "user" (the difference
> is only the letter 's').  This should allow a regular user to umount...

Yup, that works, but that allows *any* user to unmount. The original
poster didn't clarify the exact purpose of this mount, but I would
suspect that having someone else unmount your share isn't a good
thing.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"The electronic universe shall be mine, all mine, once I've finished mowing
 the lawn of course." - Mal MacCarthy