[Samba] can see the netw. but not connect...

Dan Raider danraider at finebody.com
Fri Jan 3 05:37:00 GMT 2003

 I've recently managed to install linux
which I'm pretty happy about :)
I've tried to set up my home network, now
this is what's giving me the head ache...

I can get my computers to ping eachother,
no problems, my XP and w2k computers can
see the linux box in the network
neighbourhod they can access the sort of
first layer of the linux box but no
further. I cannot access any of the shared
folders...

I ave spent hours and hours trying to
understand this abd I have re-configured
smb.comf many times. I think the problem
is "user" related, I can get a login
window in XP but only for guest and my
passord don't work... ether that or a
"you're not authorized!!!" :(

any help would be greatly appreciated, I
think I've done what I can :( and I can't
be the first ontre to encounter this!

BTW, I'm running Slackware 8.1, KDE 3

http://www.MyOwnEmail.com
Looking for friendships,romance and more?
http://www.MyOwnFriends.com