[Samba] Re: smbldap-tools badly messed up

Jim jcllings at tsunamicomm.net
Fri Feb 28 23:47:03 GMT 2003

I think I am getting used to the scripts now.

It turns out that the tick marks on the -g command are non-negotiable,
i.e. in order for it to work properly you must enclose the group in
question with either single (or double?) quotes like so:

smbldap-useradd.pl -a -P -g 'adm' -E '' -m -F '' -D '' -C '' Administrator

I'm very pleased with the -m command which succesfully created the
user's directory permissions and ownership.  In reality, my prime
concern here was that users of the HOWTO were going to have to either
change ownership or permissions by default.  Since it isn't broke
though, we won't fix it. :-)

"  -C    smbHome (SMB home share, like '\\PDC-SRV\homes')
   -D    homeDrive (letter associated with home share, like 'H:')
   -E    scriptPath (DOS script to execute on login)
   -F    profilePath (profile directory, like '\\PDC-SRV\profiles\foo')"

The above options blanked out nicely with the exception of -D in which I
was left with a colon.  I think that we can leave this one set to say, X
or something though and it will be fine for the HOWTO, though.

Jim C.