[Samba] Samba solaris

Hoevenaar, Jeff JHoevenaar at GAIC.COM
Mon Feb 24 20:56:42 GMT 2003

Running Soalris 8, Samba 2.0.5

Samba seems to startup with no problems.

I cannot access my shares.  It was working before the server was
rebooted.

When I type "smbstatus" I get the following error message:

Samba version 2.0.5
Service      uid      gid      pid     machine

ERROR: root did not create the semaphore
ERROR: Failed to initialise share modes
Can't initialise shared memory - exiting

Anyone have any ideas on what the problem is?

Thanks.

The content of this email message and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged, intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and destroy the message and its attachments.