[Samba] cupsaddsmb - why the heck can't Igetrpcclient-addprinterto work?

Brian Johnson bjohnson at jecinc.on.ca
Fri Feb 21 15:47:09 GMT 2003

> > Any idea where I can find a REdHat7.3 rpm for 1.1.18?
> >
> > I can't find one anywhere
>
> try the cups website,

Hmm ... couldn't seem to find it on the cups site (google couldn't either)

> or build from source.

I'm a little nervous about building too many packages from source.  I have a
few and I wonder what will happen when I try to upgrade the server to a
newer version of RH (that uses a newer version of glibc)

I've got a feeling that I will have to recompile all of those compiled
packages and I don't know if my users will like to wait while I do that
(we're a small LAN but my users like to have working tools).

IMO sticking to some kind of package management system should help smooth
upgrades ... the problem is that I have to wait for the packages or figure
out how to make them myself

What are your opinions on this strategy?