[Samba] Samba-LDAP too imature for production?

Jim jcllings at tsunamicomm.net
Thu Feb 20 20:23:00 GMT 2003

2.2.7a

It seems that samba-ldap is still to immature for any kind of production
environment.  The provided Perl scripts simply do not work with the 'add
user script' setting or if they do, then there is an an undocumented
bug, issue, etc.   The scripts work fine from the command line but
aparently samba won't execute them properly.  Since I cannot expect my
users to understand enough of the vagaries of Unix to log in with ssh
and add thier machines to the system I don't see how samba-ldap can be
implemented in a production environment.