[Samba] Okay I am confused

Esler, Joel Contractor EslerJ at RCERT-S.ARMY.MIL
Wed Feb 19 18:54:08 GMT 2003

I allowed my RedHat Linux box to join the W2K domain, by adding the Netbios
name and Ip into the W2K AD Domain Controller.  Now I have a fully
functioning file and print server.

When I browse Network Neighborhood from a W2K client box on the same domain,
I see my user, a test Share that I have created, and Printers.  Even though
I have no printers.  How do I turn off the printers.

Also.

My biggest challenege and state of confusion.

I am setting up 22 laptops, dual booted with W2K and Redhat Linux.  I want
to make the Linux porition of the boxes work just like the Windows.  I am
going to try and download LinNeighborhood and see what the deal is.  But,
when people boot up their red hat box, and get to the run level 5 login
screen...

Can I make the user name and password they enter there authenticate with my
W2K AD DC?  Just like a Linux box?  So that when I change their password or
disable their account throught the DC, it will trickle down the the Linux
boxes?

Joel