[Samba] security = domain

Andreas andreas at conectiva.com.br
Wed Feb 12 12:09:01 GMT 2003

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 03:36:28PM +0100, Pierrick Brossin wrote:
> If I have to enter the 60 people that are working here on my freebsd server
> it's gonna take long and it's static. Everytime a new guy start here I'll
> have to add it to the freebsd server...

You can/should use winbind(*) to avoid this. With winbind, the user "magically"
starts to exist on the bsd machine the instant he/she is created in the
NT box. You can also use samba's support for scripts to create a home
directory on-the-fly.

(*): actually I have no clue if winbind runs on freebsd, I just use linux, but
I would assume it does work on bsd.