[Samba] Which .tdb files are safe to remove?

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Sun Feb 9 18:37:07 GMT 2003

On Sun, 2003-02-09 at 12:10, Peter Schüller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> which .tdb files in /var/lib/samba are safe to remove (rebuilt automatically)?

I've removed all the tdb files before ... they do get recreated
automatically.  However you will have to reconfigure your system to get
things working as you want. For example:
If you remove the secrets.tdb files you'll have to reset the SID (or
live with a new one).
If you remove the ntdrivers.tdb file you'll have to re-upload printer
drivers.

If you want to just try clearing things out i recommend getting rid of
all of them and reseting those parameters that are important to values
of your choosing.  Probably it would be wise to make a backup in case of
trouble.

brad
--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>