[Samba] Configuring Samba for connection bet linux and Win 2000 server

Premkumar Stephen prem18 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 7 20:03:42 GMT 2003

Hello Friends,

I have a redhat linux 8.0 and installed Samba 2.2.5-10.

I have followed all the guidelines I could find on the internet.

I have a Windoze 2000 server and I see that my server name
shows up under "My network places/microsoft network", but when I click on
it, I get the error message "\\Vamlinux is not accessible. Network path
not found".

The connection otherway ( seeing the windows network from the linux box )
is not working since when I try to do a smbmount, I get a error message
1540: tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnosuchshare.

Anyway, I am more interested in seeing the contents of my linux box over
the windows network.

Please let me know of any pointers/ideas/publications.

TIA,
Prem