[Samba] Solaris binary distribution question /usr/local

Aaron Bennett aaron.bennett at olin.edu
Wed Feb 5 18:21:09 GMT 2003

Solaris packages support both relocatable and non-relocatable files in
the same package.  It sounds to me like in this package, the lock files
are marked as non-relocatable.  You'd have to unspool the package with
pkgtrans and try to modify the prototype file, changing the absolute
paths to relative ones.  In my opinion, you'll be running samba much
faster if you just build it from source.

Luck,

Aaron Bennett
UNIX Administrator
Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering