[Samba] Logon time restrictions; change ownership via samba

Shawn Wright swright at zuiko.sls.bc.ca
Tue Feb 4 15:30:38 GMT 2003

Are there plans to support logon time restrictions in Samba, or is it
somehow supported already? We are using an NT4 PDC, and would like
the samba servers to disconnect users outside of their logon times.

Also, is there any way to allow one to change file ownership via samba? I
have not found any way to do this. We would like domain admins to have
this ability so that we can maintain file ownership & permissions from NT
boxes to allow quotas to be correctly managed on the samba boxes.
Currently files copied/moved to a user share on the samba box keep the
ownership of the user performing the move. Domain admins need the
ability to change ownership/permissions to that of a specific user.

I'm using samba 2.2.5 on Redhat 7.3 with SGI XFS 1.1 partitions.

Shawn Wright, I.T. Manager
Shawnigan Lake School
swright at SLS.bc.ca
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright