[Samba] Error in configure Last CVS and 3.0.alpha21 on Solari s 8

Alessandro.Bruni at cec.eu.int Alessandro.Bruni at cec.eu.int
Tue Feb 4 09:27:43 GMT 2003

 > ld: fatal: library -lpopt: not found
> >
>>    The last line is the important one, I think: you need the popt
library. On Solaris 8, for example, I believe that >>>      >>    even the
pre-packaged versions from sunfreeware.com require that the popt package be
installed at the same time.
>>    Look at www.sunfreeware.com for a pre-compiled binary or source code.
> You shouldn't need it.  Samba has a built-in popt in the event that you
> don't...it should be detecting this.  Are you sure this is the problem?
> This is one of the last steps before it finishes...you can try
> --with-included-popt.  If that doesn't help, you've got a different
> problem.

I've try to with and without the POPT package, with and without the
--with-included-popt, but didn't fix my problem, still the same message ????
What can it be ?
I'm following the procedure describe in the document from Clive Elsum and
the only problem I've found is the installation of OpenSSH (I've installed
instead of compiling it the package from Sunfreeware)

Alessandro Bruni