[Samba] smb.conf man page FUBAR

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Tue Dec 30 00:12:46 GMT 2003

Romeyn,

Thanks for reporting this. We are well aware of the problem and we are
taking corrective action. Apologies for ruining your day with this stuff
up.

For the record, we implemented a system that automatically builds the
Samba documentation and then uploads it to the Web sites. Those of us who
maintain the documentation now find ourselves in between a rock and a hard
place. It takes several days to implement structural change necessary so
that we can support multiple languages. In the intervening period, we
broke the build process. The automatic build and upload process did not
know that the build broke, so it uploaded broken (incomplete)
documentation.

Just so you are aware that the news is not all bad, The Samba HOWTO is
presently being translated from English into:
	German
	French
	Spanish
	Japanese
	as well as several other languages.

All translation work is being done by volunteer groups. This is really an
exciting time for Samba and particularly for our users.

PS: All bug reports should go to:
	https://bugzilla.samba.org

This one is in hand, but if you wish to make it official and to have it on
record, feel free to post one.

Cheers,
John T.

--