[Samba] smbd and microsoft-ds

Widi Pradnyana zelephoeck at inf.its-sby.edu
Mon Dec 29 14:17:02 GMT 2003

Hello

How to enable or run smbd service beside the nmbd service? I have two
samba server 3.0.0 in a domain, both of them are domain logons, and domain
master.
They have almost same configuration about being the server. But only one
of them running both nmbd and smbd (with netbios-ssn at 159 and
microsoft-ds at port 445), and the other server only nmbd. I have check
both /etc/service and /etc/inet.conf, they're same.

The cause of this effect is the same user (from same LDAP server) only can
change their password from server which running with microsoft-ds at 445.

Is there any correlation between them?

Regards
Widi Pradnyana