[Samba] Samba 3 as a Windows 2000 ADS Domain Member

James McDonald james at jamesmcdonald.id.au
Sun Dec 21 21:14:04 GMT 2003

Tom Dickson wrote:
> You still need UNIX users and groups, but you don't need to create them
> by hand; winbind can take care of that for you.
>
> Other than the buzzword of ADS, there is not much different between ADS
> and NT4 style auth (at least to the user, the protocals are different).
>
> I'd look at the winbind chapter first.
>
> -Tom

OK thanks for the pointers Tom. I haven't even got winbind running and
it refuses to start at present so I will need to do some tinkering and
reading to get it going.

--
James McDonald
Singleton Australia

61+ (0)2 65712401
61+ 0428 320 219

You will be imprisoned for contributing your time and skill to a bank
robbery.

Linux 2.6.0-james7 #1 Thu Dec 18 22:01:50 EST 2003 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
08:10:00 up 3 days, 8:52, 2 users, load average: 1.29, 0.65, 0.47